Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Christmas

Christmas is the best time of the year.  I look forward to it all year long.  That's when Santa Claus comes to see me.

I don't know when Christmas is, so I ask people if Christmas is coming soon.  They say things like, "Not yet, NW," or "It's coming in a while," or "soon, NW," or "You already asked me that this morning!"  

One of my friends, Ralph Cress, comes to see me often.  He talks about Santa Claus a lot with me.  I can tell when Christmas is near, because Ralph talks to me more and more about Santa coming to see me.

On Christmas morning, I can hear a bell ringing, and in comes Santa Claus.  He has a white beard and a red suit.  He is carrying presents for me.  One year, I looked at Santa and then said, "That's you, Ralph Cress, isn't it?"  He seemed a little sad.

After that year, Santa didn't come to see me on Christmas morning.  That's okay.  I don't really understand why he doesn't come anymore, but Christmas is still the best part of the year, and Santa still sends me presents. I know he's thinking of me.

By the way, do you know if Christmas is coming soon?  You'll tell me when it's near, right?  I'll ask you next time I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment